[CS-FSLUG] Oh man

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Fri Jul 29 23:22:22 CDT 2005

You fixed it just fine. If you did not have a swap partition, however,
you could have set up a swap file. Linux, being what it is, treats a
file like a partition, and a partition like a file.

The solution of that sort of thing is usually to boot into single user
mode (which uses much less memory) and then set up swap from there. You
use dd to create a file of a proper size, add an fstab entry, and you
are all set.

Glad you got it set up.

- Tim