[CS-FSLUG] NI: Europe, thy name is Cowardice

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Jul 25 23:44:01 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 12:35 am, Don Parris wrote:
> > Why? Because we're so moral? I fear it's more because we're so
> > materialistic, so devoid of a moral compass.
>
> It's just plumb difficult for me to imagine Europeans as materialistic.
>  The lack of a moral compass, I can understand.  My 18 months in England
> offered up plenty of evidence to support that charge.  Mind you, the charge
> of materialism isn't necessarily far-fetched; it just seems strange to me
> that the great "liberal" society would be materialistic.
>
> Generally speaking, this gives me a somewhat different viewpoint.  It was
> one thing when Canadians defended us in the post 9/11 days.  This is
> entirely different.  Had this come from a Frenchman, I'd be picking my jaw
> up off the floor.  It is good to see that some remember Europe's
> not-so-distant history.
>
> Still, my fear of Bush's connections to the Saudi royal family scare me far
> more than Saddam's missiles ever did.  The fact that Bush stymied
> investigations into members of the royal family does much to add to that
> fear.  Is Bush hiding something from the American people?  If so, is that
> connected to Osama's war?

'Don't think so. I've talked to too many I personally know who've been to
Iraq, so I guess I have a different view of the war and reasons for it. I
have a very good understanding of Islam, past history to present, and know
well the motivation(s) behind what they've done and WILL do in the not to
distant future. What this gentelman claimed for Islam is accurate, only he
didn't "tell all," but that wasn't the point he was making.

Fred

to you, at this time.