[CS-FSLUG] Wind tunnel

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 01:41:01 CDT 2005

I've got a problem with my computer, it's a pretty serious problem
too. After leaving the thing on for an hour or so now that it's summer
the fan starts going so fast that I can even hear it over my music
when I'm using headphones. It's pretty loud, don't believe me? Just
stick your head out the window, that noise you're hearing is my
computer ;-) .

What are my alternate options for cooling? I don't know if I already
have ball-bearing fans, but I don't want to spend a whole lot of money
on something that I won't know will make a difference. I would like a
sure fire, method of reducing the volume comming out of this thing,
preferably something that won't put too big of a hole in my pocket.

I hope I get some answers quick, if that fan gets any faster my
computer might as well have wings and a runway.