[CS-FSLUG] Door stop?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Jul 7 19:52:35 CDT 2005

On my front porch sits an ancient server. Somebody brought it to my
house, thinking I might cannibalize the parts and leave him the case to
use for storage. This monster is about 27x19x22 inches (70x48x56 cm),
sits on four casters and weighs about 160 pounds (73kg). It's an IBM
Netfinity 7000, Type 8651-RMO. The two SCSIs are missing. The mobo
sports 2-Type8 sockets, one filled, but I don't know with what -- I
understand it ranges between 133-300Mhz. There are three removable power
supplies.

Turns out too many parts are specialized for just that box, which has
welded partitions in it. He realized he couldn't use it and let me keep
it. What could I do with it? I don't even have a power cord that fits
this beast; the three prongs are horizontal, unlike the vertical ones in
desktop models. Whether it works remains a question.

--
Ed Hurst