[CS-FSLUG] SUSE 9.3 installation comments

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 5 12:11:18 CDT 2005

I liked the way setup presented lots of info on screen and allowed me to
flip between them to review configure various options.

I set the TimeZone properly, but was there an option to review/modify
current time also?  This machine didn't have clock set to UTC.

I like the estimate until current cdrom is done.  I had time during CD1 to
go to the corner for lunch.  I'd prefer the cdrom was ejected when
prompting for next one.

I'm a bit concerned that OpenOffice 2.0 beta is on the distro?  Did I miss
an option to stick with production versions only?  How much other beta
software did I install?  We've been complaining for a long time that M$
sells beta software; apparently this Linux distro is no better.

Overall (after 10 minutes review) it works well (on an ASUS motherboard).

Frank