[CS-FSLUG] Linux on Laptops was re: Christiansource Digest, Vol 12, Issue 45

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 27 21:55:10 CST 2005

> Linux support for laptops is getting better.  The only things that don't
> work from a standard install of FC3 on this laptop is wireless (broadcom
> chipset - easily fixed with ndiswrapper), 3D video support (ATI 9100 IGP)
> and the modem (haven't bothered researching).  The only way it will get
> better is guinea pigs like the original poster and myself.

I set up ndiswrapper on my system.  It was a pain, but a minor one.
Until a routine update destroyed my network.  I'm currently at the
situation where I either recompile my kernel (a big pain, that I don't
wish to go through) or I run an ethernet cord down the hall.  I've opted
for the latter.

Aaron Lehmann