[CS-FSLUG] grub fails gentoo

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Feb 16 14:46:07 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 03:37:05PM -0500, Alvin Smith wrote:
[snip]
> Typing in "configfile (hd0,0)/grub/grub.conf" at the grub shell prompt brought
> up the grub menu!  So grub does not know where grub.conf is located?
>
> Maybe it is looking for "(hd0,0)/boot/grub/grub.conf"?

Apparently.  I am not sure where this is configured, though.  On
Debian, I have never been able to install grub anywhere but /boot/grub.
Could it be that grub itself wants the boot menu in /boot/grub/ by
default?  It could be a Gentoo-ism or it could be a Debian-ism.  Both
seem to have no trouble applying lots of patches to "official" project
releases.  (Debian changes 200,000 lines of code in XFree86!)

Almost there!
--
john-thomas
------