[CS-FSLUG] American Experience: Alfred Kinsey

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Feb 15 11:42:34 CST 2005

On Tue February 15 2005 11:31 am, john-thomas richards wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 11:09:52AM -0500, Ritchie, Josiah wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > In contrast to Fred's statement (I believe this debate was waged a year
> > or more ago... But for completeness); God calls us to share the gospel,
> > not morality. Morality is a response to God.
>
> I agree.  We are to be about disciple-making, not
> moral-but-going-to-hell-people-making.

No one said we aren't supposed to.

> > In short, we share the Gospel that God might convert them. After that,
> > we worry about the discipleship process.

And, you'll sometimes "loose" them. The same approach DOESN'T work on every
non-believer.

> Not to start a flamefest, argument, tantrum, dispute, or anything
> similar, but is there a difference between preaching/conversion and
> disciple-making?  In the Greek of the Great Commission, the verb Jesus
> used is "make disciples".  This is to be done *while* going, teaching,
> and baptizing.  The Greek indicates the command is not to go or to teach
> or to baptize but to do those things while making disciples.
> Nonetheless, I completely agree that our job is not to create a moral
> and yet lost society.  Apart from Jesus even Mother Theresa is going to
> hell (I am not making any claims about her salvation...).

Quite right........we all came from the "same place," and we'd all go to the
"same place" IF it weren't for what Christ did for us on the cross.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."