[CS-FSLUG] Comments on Sam Palmisano of IBM

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Feb 14 14:36:14 CST 2005

On Sun February 13 2005 9:39 pm, N. Thompson wrote:
> Red Hat, Mandrake and Novell all make usable alternatives to Windows but
> none of them are getting ahead of it where it matters to home users. In
> SUSE Linux for example Konqueror doesn't updates its contents when a file
> in the currently open folder is changed, in fact it almost frequently
> crashes. Novell isn't the only one that isn't putting together a well
> polished distribution either; all the distributions I can think of right

[snip]

'Carefull about claims about any distro. YOU may have a problem with Konq. in
SUSE on YOUR 'puter - I don't on mine nor the boxen I maintain. To claim that
a distro. isn't well polished isn't correct at all AND an unjust claim! There
are always hardware issues, and as is with Linux, OFTEN not fixable
immediately because OEMS flat out refuse to work (generally) with those
writing the code. To claim YOU have a problem is fine, but lets not taint a
company with a bad brush when it's OBVIOUSLY not justified.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."