[CS-FSLUG] Comments on Sam Palmisano of IBM

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Feb 13 17:35:13 CST 2005

On Sun February 13 2005 6:15 pm, Bradly McConnell wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> Well I just wanted to poll the group and see if anyone has an opinion
> about Sam Palmisano or Lous Gerstner of IBM, mainly focusing on Sam.
> Since he has been the driving force for IBM's move toward Linux, I
> just wanted to see what you guys have to say.
>
> I'm writing a paper on his main initiatives that are in place in an
> attempt to bring IBM back in good favor.  I didn't pick the paper, but
> I do see it as a slight opportunity to play Linux advocate to a very
> M$ embedded school.  Which that is an issue upon itself, and I'm
> transferring to another school for Fall '05.  They won't even
> acknowledge the existance of Firefox, OpenOffice, or anything "not
> Microsoft" other than SPSS statistics software, which of course is
> another very high dollar suite.

I not only wouldn't attend a school like that, I'd do EVERYTHING could legally
do, to warn EVERY student who'd even consider entering that ignorant an
atmosphere.

> What I'm mainly looking for is the general attitude towards IBM from
> the Linux/Open Source community with their recent changes focusing on
> services and software instead of big clunky iron.

IBM is $$ driven.......it's all about money.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."