[CS-FSLUG] Office suites

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 17:31:40 CST 2005

Hey man, don't take this so seriously,

> Thank goodness it is over!  The eyes of my heart cry

> out to you!  You  misuse you gift from God.  Don't
be
> so judgmental. Being human is being imperfect.

I was answering an article about a nude photographer
in the local area and his take on privacy and
morality, when I wrote the response. The answer
wasnt'serious. The suggestions were serious (like the
other office alternatives) but the rest of it wasn't.
I thought I said that with the "evil answer" thing.

> Don't be discouraged if someone doesn't go along
> with a software you prefer they use. In the least,
> just address the issues;  don't attack their email
> grammar.

Actually, I was attacking the way public schools
educate children (or fail to in most cases). And I was
also attacking the grammar checking thingy as a whole,
since what is correct grammar in one situation isn't
necessarily correct in another (take newspaper writing
vs a technical journal vs radio).  That said, you
gotta take this stuff with a grain of salt.  If I had
really meant to burn Nathan, I wouldn't have included
the great resource directory and I probably would have
resorted to name calling (which does seem kind of
childish). Of course, character attacks do seem to
work the best in evil circles when it comes to fending
off the truth.

> This list just recently addressed the need
> for a Christian Linux support forum to escape this
> type of aggressive response to a cry for help.  As
> Christians we are to be a safe haven for others  to
> come to.

Nathan wasn't crying for help. He was writing a
frustrated rant about how OOo 2 Beta and OOo does
things or has bugs that make it too frustrating for
him to use. Nathan went to a plethora of Linux
distributions with this same attitude. I was just
giving a "devil's response" (as I noted before I
started) so that he would see how we could respond,
but never ... ahhhh ... mostly never do. And then he
can be glad that we don't frustrate so easily and
that
no matter how bad it seems, it could always be worse.
Plus, it is good to remember, that there are always
more options than you think.