[CS-FSLUG] This just in: Trolltech to dual-license QT for windows

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 7 22:12:19 CST 2005

http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq09-qt4.html

Better IDE integration is what I'm looking forward to the most,
currently SUSE has something like that implemented but it was never
designed with that in mind so it doesn't work well at all, thats why I
still use Qt Designer as my IDE until I get a chance to try Qt 4 in
KDevelop.

I don't know if there is going to be a new version of "C++ GUI
Programming with Qt3" however I hope there will be one for Qt4, of
course the title of the book will also need updating :-) .

David Aikema wrote:

>It's about time ...
>
>I was just about to go and pickup a QT book upon hearing this news,
>but in case anyone else is so inclined, I figured that I would note
>that this won't happen until QT 4.0 (second quarter of 2005).
>
>I don't know if there will be any major API changes in 4.0.  Anyone
>else a little more familiar with QT, and what to expect from the next
>major release?
>
>David

[snip]

http://celerate.blogspot.com/