[CS-FSLUG] Prepare the rotten eggs

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Sat Feb 5 21:10:11 CST 2005

Ed,

I love it. Do I have your permission to print it? Also, in regards to a console Linux, please understand that I am trying to help you (it was you that was interested a console/cli linux distro?). Unfortunately, if you are using a a 486 or earlier machine, the odds of a cd drive existing are low and as such, it creates a difficult situation. I have actually found computers that either will not boot from CD or some CD's just won't boot (I have had that problem with a Sony Vaio machine). Unfortunately this really limits your options, hence my suggesting a floppy distro (many of which are console only anyway). Some of these can even be installed onto the hard drive, which is what I do believe is what you are asking for. I do hope you will be forgiving and please know that I am only trying to help.

Pax,
Christopher