[CS-FSLUG] [PD] 10 cents? 20 cents? a million dollars?

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 02:25:47 CST 2005

On 12/25/05, David McGlone <dmcglone at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Sun December 25 2005 10:40 am, dmc wrote:
> > > Need articles like this always be viewed as "us" versus "them"?  (eg.
> > > I've seen Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, and other religious groups supporting
> > > Christian groups when they feel that those groups have been wronged).
>
> I don't see it as "us" versus "them" I see it as "Christians" versus "the
> Government"
>
> For example, not too long ago, there was a little girl who was muslim that
> won
> the right to wear a headdress to school because her religion required her
> wear it, but her peers that were Christian were not allowed to express
> their
> faith in any shape or form publicly.

And how about those sikh kids who sometimes win the right to bring their
ritual daggers to school because it's part of their religion, those are
sharpened weapons capable of inflicting fatal injuries. I think now they
have to use dulled "harmless" substitues for the things but it wasn't always
that way. I don't see how carrying a bible to school or praying a christian
prayer in school is more dangerous than that. What about those satanists on
that British navy ship who, as I recall, got a room to do their "rituals"
in. Didn't something like that happen, and didn't someone like Fred post it
to the list? How is it that a very small minority religion gets that kind of
consideration when in all government run institutions they never get tired
of forcing Christians to shut up and be invisible.

> > Extrememly rarely.  How many Muslim groups in the USA have been
> > active in promoting America and condemning the Islamic terrorists?
>
> This is how I feel. I feel even our own government that established
> Christian
> principles in this country are now turning their head on Christians to
> make
> it more comfortable for other groups to have their freedom. In other
> words, I
> feel like I have to put my feelings and beliefs under lock and key in the
> closet so everybody else can live a normal lifestyle of freedom.

IMO you can sure feel it in Canada, the government is squeezing tighter and
tighter on Christianity here as they feel they can get away with more. When
the gay-marriage law was being passed at some point it prevented churches
from refusing and from preaching anything against homosexuality as I recall,
although being tired my memory is fuzzy. I think by some miracle the bill
almost didn't pass until Paul Martin agreed to revise it so churches no
longer had to keep their mouths shut on the subject and I think they can now
refuse to marry gay couples.

> > In France the Muslims are up in arms due to restrictions on
> > wearing religiously-required "uniforms" in government "public"
> > schools but how many Muslim organizations show up to stand
> > alongside Christians when our freedom of speech is attacked
> > in court and in the public forum?
> >
> > > Maybe "their own country" is the USA?
> >
> > Not when they stand silent as their fellow Muslims preach
> > lies and hate against America -- they then are the same
> > as those in WWII Germany, Europe, and even America who
> > stood silent as Hitler propagandized and strategized to
> > impose his fascist brand of terror upon the world.
>
> Exactly. I as a Christian am starting to feel like a Jewish person in
> Germany
> in the Hitler era. here latley I've been afraid to wish anyone a merry
> Christmas. I used to wish everyone I came into contact with around
> Christmas
> a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Now I'm just afraid to do it. I'm
> afraid that clerk or cashier will jump across the counter and black my eye
> or
> knock my tooth out.

Same here, but I also feel like that as a Linux user both on the internet
and in a part of Canada where anything but Windows is a very unwelcome
minority.

And of course I'll probably lose the lawsuit for getting assaulted because
> the
> defendant would claim they were standing up for their beliefs  then I'd
> get
> counter sued for making the defendant feel oppressed ;)

That's too true to be funny.

> > As our President has said, post-911 you either stand with
> > freedom or against it, pretending to stand in the middle
> > is to make a statement of moral equivalency -- an absurdity.
>
> Well I think I'll go get my closet cleaned out now. ;-0

I'm tired, my brain isn't working now, and I think I'm going to reply to
this using that excuse.

I cleaned out my whole room, computer and all, and dusted + vacuumed the
whole thing out just before the 25th. It's Sunday today and you shouldn't be
working ;-) .

Disclaimer: I am not trying to start a debate or create any problems here, I
> am just sharing my feelings about what I think the world is coming to and
> has
> already come to in my eyes. I may be wrong, I may not be. But I don't
> really
> think I'm too far off.
>
> David M.

I keep wondering why we don't get a whole bunch of Christians together and
buy a chunk of land to make into our own country. In the Catholic school
they say that Vatican City belongs to no country, often they seem to imply
it's their own Catholic owned country. Just as a crazy thought why don't we
get all the Christians together and buy ourselves a big chunk of land, I
just got this e-mail recently offering me real estate on the moon at very
low prices, I figure we raise some money to buy the whole thing and then get
discount rides up there with the Russians and we're set ;-) .