[CS-FSLUG] Ethics and the X-Box

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Dec 9 19:55:20 CST 2005

Clinton Evans wrote:

> Here is the dilemma: what is the morality of circumventing Microsoft's
> security to recycle some of their obsolete machines?

I vote with Doc. In many cases, legality is hardly the same as morality
in the first place. Either way, MS is unlikely to do anything to you.

My brother converts at least one Xbox weekly for customers. Bigger
harddrives are cheap, the Debian OS runs much better and offers far more
flexibility, while retaining the full multi-media output capabilities
(as near as I can tell). People are really happy with the results, even
as the newest toy comes out.

--
Ed Hurst