[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Ozone Hole

Chris Brault gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 9 15:42:00 CST 2005

I hate to say this,

>I have two main points I always think about when it comes
>to the "end of the world."
>Personally I am one of few who Pray everyday that Jesus does Not come
>back during
>my lifetime. Why, because I enjoy every moment I wake up and am fascinated
>by the world around me. I always get a bit defensive when the Older
>generation are on
>their knees praying for the return of Christ now.

But praying that Jesus doesn't come is rather anti-biblical in nature.
Not blasphemous or evil, just more a self-interested request than a
big-picture request. I was there myself at one point, but I learned
better. This world sucks; It's hard and unforgiving, two qualities Jesus
lacks.

Now, of course, if I was 85 years old, I'd be praying for Jesus to come
as well (as a matter of self-interest).

>Anyhow the second point is that "Christ will come like a thief in the
>night."

Let's take a gander at this quote:

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a
thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then
sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and
they shall not escape. But you, brothers, are not in darkness, that that
day should overtake you as a thief. You are all the children of light,
and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
- I Thessanlonians 5:1-5 [AKJV]

Coming like a "thief in the night" is for unbelievers not for believers.
If it catches you like a thief in the night then there's something wrong.

>This always makes me believe that the world will actually get much better.

Better is relative. We are being conditioned by the media to think what
we have is okay no matter how bad it gets. We'll be used to wars,
violence and crazy sins by the time the end comes, so the horrible today
will look normal tomorrow.

>I almost believe that we may go through a very tough time, even to the point of almost
>destroying ourselves either by war or pollution. Then we may sort ourselves out, become
>quite proud of what we achieved , there may even be world peace, under the Anti Christ ? And when we
>we are all basking in a better world I then believe Christ may come.

You should take a read through Daniel, Ezekial and Revelations. Jesus
comes to save whoever is left alive. If He didn't come when he does, no
life would be left. How good could that be?

>Obviously this is only my opinion and probably not biblical at all.
>I need to read more, I know.

Indeed, but don't feel like you're alone. We all start from nothing and
build our knowledge. It's just that way life works.