[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Ozone Hole

David Aikema david at aikema.net
Fri Dec 9 01:43:44 CST 2005

On 12/8/05, Chris Brault <gginorio at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > How does Romans 8 : 20 -22 fit into that reasoning?
> >
> > I see no reason why the results of human activity
> > couldn't largely
> > result in an end to life on the planet - not that I
> > hope for it to
> > happen or anything, or that it could happen outside
> > God's plan.
>
> It will be God's activity that will result in the end
> of life on earth as we know it. Humans will
> participate, as will the anti-christ and satan
> himself. That said, we will not pollute ourselves to
> death. We are incapable of killing ourselves off. If
> that happened, then God's predictions in revelations
> would be a lie and God a liar. Now, since we know that
> billions of people will be involved in the apocolypse,
> and since it's so soon coming, it seems a simple
> assumption that we will survive until then.

I'll assume that you're right about some relatively large number of
people being around, but where does it speak of billions?  (I suspect
that you're right, but I can't recall any verses offhand that speak of
a population quite that level).

If, for example, 99% of the population were to be killed off by some
human-caused event, there'd still be enough people left to bring the
population back to it's current level in a while, if a billion is the
required level.  Groups of people have believed that they were in the
"end times" at many points in history.

David