[CS-FSLUG] Ubuntu

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Wed Dec 7 12:48:27 CST 2005

> Don Parris wrote:
>

>>>Anyone got experience with eMachines and GNU/Linux, especially Ubuntu?
>>> Any awareness of hardware compatibility issues with eMachines' stuff?
>>> This is for a local church.
>>>
> I have just tried booting a live 5.10 for 64-bit on my e-Machine and had
> no luck yet.  Did try the nousb flag and got furthest but still run into
> video probs.  Will have another stab at it soon enough tho.
[snip]
> -- Warren Sanders

Interesting.  On my laptop (Gateway - made by Quanta) I had trouble with
Fedora recognizing my Network card (Broadcom Gigabit).

I tried OpenSUSE (Net install) and it didn't recognize my Network card
or Cdrom/hdd (after booting from the CD!) -- the same thing happened
after downloading the 5 CDs and trying a local install.

When I tried Ubuntu (after turning off the framebuffer on the install)
the install went well and everything seems to work well (haven't tried
the wireless (Intel 2915abg) yet).

sjm