[CS-FSLUG] Still Flogging the Console Horse

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Fri Aug 26 14:37:25 CDT 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 08:33, Ed Hurst wrote:

> Nano is at least intelligent enough to show it's primary keystrokes
> by default. However, it lacks color of any sort. At least the new Joe
> provides syntax highlighting. Mc is one of the smartest things ever
> coded for Linux and Unix.

Nano has syntax highlighting. I'm just typing a huge translation in
LaTeX with nano with syntax highlinting enabled.

There's also jed, with some people like; at least, I think it's Emacs
with 1/10th the size and 10x usability.

> Now, all that is merely peripheral. I've used Debian before, in
> several guises, but I don't recall an option to leave out X. Maybe
> it's been too long. My primary complaint is Debian never worked on

IIRC, Debian now has a new installer. I don't know how it is, but it's
supposed to be better than the old one.

Blessings,

Eduardo
--