[CS-FSLUG] NI: Microsoft Owns iPod

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 05:30:31 CDT 2005

There is a difference between disagreeing with some of the more silly
patents that have filtered their way through the patent offices (and
the approaches that some are taking towards the topic... just one
example: pretty much grant by default, and only disallow through
expensive court challenges), and disagreeing with the concept of
patents in general.

You also talk about some being so simple, but the general idea behind
this is something may seem simple once you've seen it explained, but a
human might not so easily arrive at the concept so quickly without the
preceding explanation.

We are all sinful creatures, so you tend to see a lot of greed in the
world.  Hence, I think that there may be a place for patents in the
world as an incentive for research, although I agree that there is
definitely a need to reform the patent process.

David