[CS-FSLUG] First things to do with SUSE

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Aug 16 22:25:56 CDT 2005

dmc wrote:

[snip]

> I am typing on a Suse 9.2 powered laptop at the moment.  My
> other laptop, and older IBM 600X next to it runs Puppy Linux.
> Quite frankly Puppy appears to do everything Suse does in a
> fraction of the space and a whole lot quicker.

And, as a limited 'Nix, Puppy is fine. It ISN'T the distro. SUSE is by
any streatch of anyone's imagination. I don't have to go out and grab
source code and hope I can compile apps. for SUSE, as most often, I
already have the apps. on DVD or I can get it compiled from the Net.
It's simply a much better compete stable distro. On an old box, Puppy is
probably a good choice, but not on a much newer box.

Fred

to you, at this time.