[CS-FSLUG] Preparing a little e-mail for Microsoft

mash. re.mash at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 03:30:40 CDT 2005

On 8/14/05, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I do not object to Microsoft protecting itself from piracy, I
> feel that I am now the victim of deception since it was my hope to
> extend the life of the Microsoft Games I had purchased by making
> copies of the Cd's before the old ones wore out,

Now don't get me wrong, I am all for the benefits of backing up $200
software, but to be honest I know no one who copies games for the sake
redundancy. I think it is quite in Microsoft's best interest to put
copy protection onto their games whether they say it on the box or
not. If there is a system in place to replace purchased game's CD in
the event of fault then that's great and should be encouraged. I
haven't purchased a PC game since 2000 but I am pretty sure they don't
cost that much. If the CD fails get another one. I also know that
games shelf life pretty long and I saw a copy of Bullfrogs syndicate
the other day, wow great game !

The protection is there against the huge percentage of people who copy
the games for a friend or two. There is freedom and there is free.