[CS-FSLUG] Dumb spam

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 01:26:04 CDT 2005

I've seen more than my share of spam mail that didn't say anything
understandable, it was just a mess of random letters.

I'm curious what, aside from being another piece of garbage floating
around the internet, that spam serves, it really isn't advertising
anything that I know of.

The only thing that comes to mind is that MS Lookout and Lookout
express have some sort of functionality built in that informs the
sender when the message has been opened, but the user is prompted
first and it shouldn't work on any other mail client.