[CS-FSLUG] ISO Image Quality & Burn Speeds

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:57:01 CDT 2005

I'm finding this thread stranger and stranger.

I have a Plextor burner and an LG CD/DVD+- burner, with both of them I
can burn CDs at the highest speeds (40 on the first, and 48 or 50 on
the second) and still get an apparently perfect burn, the CDs work
perfectly and never develop problems.

Now we have this thread which sounds like something I might have heard
8 years ago, where CD burners are no longer considered reliable above
speeds of 8x and everyone's burner is so unreliable that they can only
burn some brands of CDs with them. Is the situation really this bad
with everyone's CD/DVD burners? If so then why don''t mine have any of
these problems?