[CS-FSLUG] Mandrake 2005LE and NVidia drivers

Dommy E. Hamid d-e-x at spitfire.net
Thu Aug 4 04:16:41 CDT 2005

That can't be. I am using Mandriva 2005 LE download edition and I can
compile and use Nvidia driver just fine.

First make sure you use the same version of the kernel-source as your
kernel. If you have updated your system via mandrake-update, know that
mandrake-update doesn't update the kernel automatically. You need to use
rpmdrake to install (that's right, install, not update) the new kernel,
then reboot to activate the new kernel. Also, you can only compile and
install the Nvidia driver while X is not running, so you need to go to
into init 3 before compiling it.

Now, for the KDE throwing around the icons, I used to have that problem
too until I erase my .kde directory and my Desktop directory. Then it
doesn't occur anymore. Possibly different settings in the different KDE
version cause it?

Dommy