[CS-FSLUG] Apple's Big Virus

Bradly J. McConnell bradly.mcconnell at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 01:22:07 CDT 2005

國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar) wrote:

>Well, we actually do it on my other newsgroups.  The chances of being
>sued are minimal (though not nil).  Firstly, they'd have to take the
>case across international boundaries.  They might also have to prove
>that they have suffered damages, which I think would not exceed a few
>dollars -  Nobody in his right mind would incur exorbitant legal fees
>over a few dollars! ;-)
>
>But as someone here has pointed out, if there is a potential of the
>author being harmed by my actions, then it's only ethical that I include
>just the link.

I think we get another benefit from only the links being posted - once
you get to the site, then there is a chance that you will see another
article that looks interesting - that is at least my personal
experience.  I tend to follow a link, and then read some of the other
articles on the site, which in turn lead to even more articles, or more
sites.  So of course I end up wasting half my time online reading
articles that could possibly not relate at all to the original link
posted.  I guess it's the whole information overload thing.:)

Brad