[CS-FSLUG] Ichthux - A Christian Distro is Born

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 18 23:16:42 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 10:05:32PM -0600, R. Thompson wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 20:30, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> > Why?
> >
> > I've always felt that the core of things, the things an OS gets done are
> > creed-neutral.  What need does this fill?
>
> At least one other distro I've tried included unacceptable language in
> their error pop up messages.  I'm of the school of thought that if you
> want something done right either do it yourself, or have it done by
> people you trust.

In their pop-up messages?  Like with regard to their set-up utilities or
what?

At any rate, at that point, I'd worry less about the unacceptable
language and more about the fact that the creators obviously didn't
worry about makiing them informative.  This does not bode well, for the
quality of their software as a whole.

Aaron Lehmann