[CS-FSLUG] Ichthux - A Christian Distro is Born

R. Thompson ron.t at sasktel.net
Mon Apr 18 23:05:32 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 20:30, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> Why?
>
> I've always felt that the core of things, the things an OS gets done are
> creed-neutral.  What need does this fill?

At least one other distro I've tried included unacceptable language in
their error pop up messages.  I'm of the school of thought that if you
want something done right either do it yourself, or have it done by
people you trust.

                    Ron T.

> Aaron Lehmann
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 10:15:02PM -0400, Don Parris wrote:
> > Several different Christian-oriented projects have been undertaken by
> > Christians in various parts of the world.  Recently, after discussion
> > on the Sword-Devel mailing list, most of these converged into a single
> > project - Ichthux.  Ichthux is a custom Debian distro (CDD), which
> > offers the advantages of using and supporting Debian.  The developers
> > come from the Sword Project, Freely, and Linux 4 Christians.
> >
> > http://ichthiux.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=Main

Ron G. Thompson, |^|
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
www.petomai.org   ron at petomai.org
"Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as doves to their window?" Is
60:8