[CS-FSLUG] Config can't find gpm.h

Ciaran Hamilton cs-fslug at theblob.org
Thu Apr 7 03:08:43 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 22:52 -0500, Ed Hurst wrote:
> I'm running a configure for elinks 10.4 on RH 7.3. I've installed
> gpm-devel, ncurses-devel and slang-devel. The configure script can't
> find the gpm.h at /usr/include/gpm.h. Can any tell me how to manually
> get this?

There's probably a gpm-devel RPM package you can install. I'm not
familiar with Red Hat, but the general rule with most distros is that if
you need to compile programs that use another package as part of it, you
also need the corresponding -devel package, which includes things like
these headers, which aren't installed as part of the base package.

(By the way, Tim, is it possible to add (ciaran [at] theblob [dot] org)
to the 'allowed senders' list? I keep trying to send replies from there
accidentally and it goes into a queue which nobody seems to check... if
it's possible to mangle that address into my normal one, that would be
great, but don't worry if not. I'd prefer not to resubscrube unless I
can help it.)

 - Ciaran.