[CS-FSLUG] Windows XP restrictions & exploits

@ndrew andrew at dothedrew.net
Wed Sep 29 20:12:03 CDT 2004

Nathan,

I know it's generally considered a despicable option, but what about writing
the crypto app in JAVA and running it in a browser? ASP.NET? Or perhaps even
a macro for Word?

One other thing you could try, though I'm not sure if it'd work or not
(really depends on how the school has the systems set up): rename the .EXE
file to a .COM file. This, in my experience, does not affect the ability of
the application to run. Of course, I'm not sure what method the school is
using to restrict executables, so it may not be a viable option.

Just some ideas, anyways.

--
@ndrew
andrew at dothedrew.net