[CS-FSLUG] Sandra on the list

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:28:25 CDT 2004

> > Ok,
> > now that I've been *outed* as a lurker, I'd better do a real intro :-)

I'd like to throw my welcome into the ring as well!

> > I've lived in the Treasure Valley (near Boise), Idaho, USA all of my
> > life.  I grew up in a non-Christian family.  My late father was Jewish,
> > but mostly non-religious, and my mother was raised in a somewhat
> > religious family, but she is more interested in new-age type religions.
> > I was just starting into drugs and new-age stuff myself, when the Lord
> > saved me just before I turned 15 years old.  That was in 1978 (no
> > calculators!), and the Lord completely changed my life "all things are
> > become new"!

How far from Hayden Lake is Treasure Valley?  I've read about Hayden Lake.

> > I'm an Electrical Engineer at Hewlett-Packard, doing ASIC design, and
> > have been a Linux and Open Source advocate for many years now, both at
> > work, personal life, and at church.  I have converted our Christian
> > school's network and fileserver to Fedora Core 2 (no catcalls, I happen
> > to like the distribution formerly known as RedHat!).  I'm running Fedora
> > Core 2 at work, and Fedora Core 1 here at home (haven't had time to
> > upgrade yet, so just might wait for Core 3 here at home).

Like Josiah, I'm more of a relativist on distros - as long as it ain't
Windows.  Don't get me wrong Windows is pretty good software - good
for what, I'm just not sure. :)  I played with Red Hat back in the
days of 5.1-7.2 (skipped 6.0).  I've also tinkered with Mandrake and
SUSE 8.0 has been my mainstay for some time.  I'm currently dabbling
in Moprhix-Gnome, and loving it.  I guess I just like GNU/Linux!  Now
if I could get one of these fine distros to run on my internal CPU
(a.k.a. my brain), I'd probably be a lot better off! :)

> > I am attending the same local non-denominational church I was saved in.
> > I've been married for 18 years to a Christian man (he's on a mission's
> > visit to our church in Albania), and have a 4 month old Golden Retriever
> > named Ciao Esher Capri.  Ciao, as the Italian greeting, and Esher as in
> > the Hebrew for "Happy", as in "Happy is that people whose God is the
> > LORD".  He's adorable, but a major handful!  I hope to train him to be a
> > pet therapy dog, as we did for 5 years with our last Golden (we lost him
> > in April due to a tumor of the spleen).

Our Chow/Lab/whatever else mixture is quite a handful as well.  When
he needs to go outside, he'll grab his leash and bring it to one of
us.

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/