[CS-FSLUG] Sandra on the list

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Sep 28 04:27:29 CDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:15:46 -0600
Sandra Capri <scapri at spro.net> wrote:

> I'm an Electrical Engineer at Hewlett-Packard, doing ASIC design, and
> have been a Linux and Open Source advocate for many years now, both at
> work, personal life, and at church.  I have converted our Christian
> school's network and fileserver to Fedora Core 2 (no catcalls, I happen
> to like the distribution formerly known as RedHat!).  I'm running Fedora
> Core 2 at work, and Fedora Core 1 here at home (haven't had time to
> upgrade yet, so just might wait for Core 3 here at home).

Oh yeah, the distro war starter... (we're notorious for the friendly distro
war as it would seem you've been lurking long enough to discover)

I'd gladly put K12LTSP on a school network which runs FC2 with some mods
to make it an LTSP-based distro. At work and home I run Gentoo. Gentoo just
fits me like a glove and makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. If you get
that feeling from FC, enjoy. When it comes to distros, I'm a relativist.
When it comes to spirituality, I'm very much into absolutism.

JSR/