[CS-FSLUG] Sandra on the list

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Mon Sep 27 23:37:47 CDT 2004

Hi Sandra,
> I've lived in the Treasure Valley (near Boise), Idaho, USA all of my
> life.  I grew up in a non-Christian family.  My late father was Jewish,
> but mostly non-religious, and my mother was raised in a somewhat
> religious family, but she is more interested in new-age type religions.
> I was just starting into drugs and new-age stuff myself, when the Lord
> saved me just before I turned 15 years old.  That was in 1978 (no
> calculators!), and the Lord completely changed my life "all things are
> become new"!

	Wow, saved before calculators... and here I thought you'd have to wait
until you had something like a floppy disk or hard disk.

> I'm an Electrical Engineer at Hewlett-Packard, doing ASIC design, and

	Wow!

> have been a Linux and Open Source advocate for many years now, both at
> work, personal life, and at church.

	Your name seems to ring a bell. Have you been on any KDE, SuSE or
similar lists in years past? Or did you post here eons ago? Hmm...

> I have converted our Christian
> school's network and fileserver to Fedora Core 2 (no catcalls, I happen
> to like the distribution formerly known as RedHat!).  I'm running
> Fedora
> Core 2 at work, and Fedora Core 1 here at home (haven't had time to
> upgrade yet, so just might wait for Core 3 here at home).

	I happen to like it too. Not completely satisfied with it just yet
(I've reverted to Mandrake for now), but it is most definitely is on
the right track.

> Hope this wasn't too tedious to wade through :-)

	Nope, not at all. Welcome aboard! :-)

	Blessings,
			Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)