[CS-FSLUG] Humor: The definition of 'Bravery'

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Mon Sep 27 06:48:55 CDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:22:24 -0500
Tim Young <Tim.Young at LightSys.org> wrote:

> Actually, I think it had something to do with Physics.  Every action has
> an unequal and violent reaction...  Or something like that...  "Female
> physics" tends to follow different rules that I have still yet to figure
> out.

To shed some Psych. light into the mix: I heard about a study on the radio
this morning that might help shed some light on the issue. Evidently, the
average 10 yr old girl needs more time playing with boys in order to allow
for better social skills. Apparently these young women spend much time on
"girly stuff" like dolls and reading (not sure why reading was on this
list, but cooking is the more current example) that do not include team
activities and decrease their ability to work in groups. Young men on the
other hand tend toward activities like soccer and football where working
together is needed and they learn how to work in groups.

Your wife may have been a victim of society in being shunned from group
activity as a young child resulting in the inability to control herself
during relational activities.

> Why is it that asking her if she was going out flying is bad, but saying
> that I am totally under her spell is good?  ;)

An excellent question indeed!

How much religious and scientific heresy can we spew in one thread?

JSR/