[CS-FSLUG] FWD: Pastor Jailed for Sermon!

Nathan Cundiff cyratt at netzero.com
Sat Sep 25 20:59:59 CDT 2004

Dear Friend,

Ake Green, pastor of a Pentecostal church, has been sentenced to one month in prison!

This is an elderly man, a gentle and humble man of God who loves people and loves the Lord.  So what did he do to be sent to prison?  What was his crime?

Sentenced to Prison for PREACHING THE GOSPEL!

Do not let this happen in your church.  Join our nationwide campaign for free speech by signing our FREEDOM OF SPEECH online petition right now at http://www.cmcfreespeech.org/index.cfm?PAGE_ID=74

Pastor Green was condemned in Swedish court for citing biblical references at his church in Kalmar, Sweden - like Romans 1:24-27 - against sexual immorality.

Prosecutors claim that Pastor Green's sermon was a "hate speech against homosexuals." Ridiculous!

God is clear on the issue.  It is our responsibility as Christians and our right as free citizens to proclaim biblical truth.

Tragically, it seems the right to free speech has been struck down in Sweden.  A Swedish hate crimes law forbids criticism of homosexuality.  Canada recently passed similar legislation.

These laws have become weapons to intimidate and punish those who dare to cry out for morality and truth.

Now this atrocity is coming to America!

The same kind of law has passed through the state assembly in California and sits on the governor's desk awaiting his signature.

Attacks on your religious free speech are gaining momentum!

"Americans United for Separation of Church and State: (AU) claims that it is illegal for your church and your church leaders to take a stand on issues that may be of concern in the elections.

They threaten lawsuits and the loss of churches' tax-exempt status.

Right now, in the midst of a high stakes national election campaign, many church pastors and Christian leaders are silent.  They are afraid to talk about same-sex marriage, abortion, and any issues of morality that might pertain to an election.

What an affront to the First Amendment!  It is only a matter of time before our freedoms are eroded enough so that YOUR PASTOR, AND EVEN YOU, FACE ARREST for speaking publicly from God's Word or personal Bible-based conviction.

We cannot allow that to happen!  Will you join me to stop this persecution of Christians from COMING TO AMERICA?

Just sign the FREEDOM OF SPEECH online petition (http://www.cmcfreespeech.org/index.cfm?PAGE_ID=74) in support of the "Houses of Worship Free Speech Restoration Act (H.R. 235)"

The "Houses of Worship Free Speech Restoration Act" would protect religious free speech in churches and other houses of worship by stopping government intimidation.

And it would keep America from throwing innocent believers like Ake Green behind bars for quoting scripture!

Alone, I am only one voice...you are only one voice.  But together, we can lift a mighty cry for freedom!  So, please sign our FREEDOM OF SPEECH online petition today. (http://www.cmcfreespeech.org/index.cfm?PAGE_ID=74)

And after you sign the petition (http://www.cmcfreespeech.org/index.cfm?PAGE_ID=74), please forward this email on to five friends or family members who want to fight for First Amendment freedoms by joining our Center for Moral Clarity petition campaign.  Please do this immediately, for the sake of freedom.  Thank you.