[CS-FSLUG] Stop Your Worship Service Interruptions!

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 15:45:20 CDT 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:06:32 -0500, listmail at rotundus.com
<listmail at rotundus.com> wrote:
> Quoting Don Parris <gnumathetes at gmail.com>:
>
> > Tired of the chirping cell phones in your worship services?  Just call
> > Israeli Intelligence!
> >

> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&e=1&u=/nm/life_mexico_cellphones_dc
> >
> > I just _had_ to share this one. :)
>
> So, would you be in favour of implementing such a system within your church?
>
> I think that such devices need to be used responsibly within a church setting...
> the majority should keep them turned off, but in some cases (doctors, nurses,
> firefighters, etc.) I think that there is a legitimate reason to have such a
> device turned on - although it had better be in a silent,vibrate-only mode.
>
> David

I just can't see me pushing for that one - I might go for hiring
bouncers to serve as ushers and "show the rude brethren to the door".
:)  Just kidding.  If/when I carry a cell phone into church, I have it
in vibrate mode or off.  There's nothing like having your wife call
you in the middle of an afternoon service to ask when you're going to
be finished.  So shutting it off makes the most sense.

Don

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/