[CS-FSLUG] New portscan number

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Wed Sep 22 11:53:38 CDT 2004

Tim Young wrote:
> According to dshield.org, that port is not probed very often, and there are no
> known vulnerabilities for it. And it seems that it is not a standard port for a
> trojan.  But there are records of that port being probed for quite some time.
> So it seems like it is not a newly-found backdoor that you need to worry about.
>
> 	- Tim Young

Worried? Nah, just curious. The FreeBSD firewall is about as secure as
it gets. Mine is simple but tight, with all ports closed by default.
Specific exceptions are made for responses only.

Most of my probes are from zombies on port 445, and that's a waste of
packets on my machine, because that's a Windows file-sharing thing.

--
Ed Hurst