[CS-FSLUG] TD: CS-BibleStudy: Hosea 6

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Mon Sep 20 23:12:16 CDT 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 06:53, Timothy R.Butler wrote:
> Let's try intext Bible readings this week. Let me know if you like this
> inclusion of the WEB text
I find it easier to read text right away in email (saves me opening the
browser :).
[snip]
> Ice Breaker: It is easy to get an early start ("like the dew") but
> "disappear early." Have you ever been really enthusiastic about
> something only to have your enthusiasm disappear early, leaving that
> something up in the air?
Sometimes (if I realize that I have been enthusiastic of something that takes
much more than I expected..;-)
> Study Questions:
>
> 1.) Do you think "the third day" reference has something to do with the
> Messiah?
I think it might have, but I am not sure...
> 2.) Do you see the references to Israel as mostly pointed toward Judah
> or Samaria as well?
Both.
> 3.) What do you suppose was especially bad about Gilead?
After all what Hosea did write, Gilead seems to be just one example among
others.

Blessings,
Jukka