[CS-FSLUG] Switching to linux

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Sep 20 22:19:44 CDT 2004

On Monday September 20 2004 9:27 am, Tim Young wrote:
> The sound support for Linux has been pretty good the last few years.  I
> think the only computer I have not gotten the sound working for right out
> of the box was the sound on my virtual PC.  The rest of 40 odd PCs I
> installed Linux on in the past year or so, the sound just worked...

There are some odd balls - including from Dell that will give you fits or not
work at all. ASUS motherboards are probably the worst....stick with Intel or
Tyan. I lost count of all the systems I've put SUSE on. :)

Fred

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."