[CS-FSLUG] A couple of thoughts on denominations

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Mon Sep 20 22:01:10 CDT 2004

cyratt at netzero.com wrote:

 > We as believers must drop our personal prejudice and return to the
 > undiluted truth of the Word of God.

And who gets to decide what that is?

> Jesus never intended for you and I to be divided and segmented under
 > His Name.

Being united under His name has almost nothing to do with our
organizations. It has everything to do with ignoring our organizational
boundaries when ministry calls for it. We do that here, virtually.

 > That means not to be so put off when the truth comes to rearrange our
 > religeous traditions and otherwise challenge us to change what our
 > soul (not spirit) has grown accustomed to.

You know, this sounds an awful lot like code language for allowing the
some messianic guru to reveal the truth to all us poor benighted
half-believers. If what you mean is that our institutions must be melded
into one organizational entity in order to satisfy God, it is most
certainly necessary that someone or some group assume the authority to
decide just what "truth" is. Democracy most certainly will not get us there.

If you mean we are to ignore our institutional boundaries and be able to
minister together functionally, I'm with you. Doing away with the mass
of organizations with all their various ethnic, historical, and
traditional roots is wholly unlikely, and certainly NOT the command of
God. Show me Scripture that specifically addresses institutional
differences, which we all know in the End will be insignificant in the
first place.

BTW, I made it clear a conviction is very much a matter of the spirit,
not the soul. For you to toss that aside is exceptionally rude and
pointless.

--
Ed Hurst