[CS-FSLUG] Input on Web Layout

Ruth Marlene Friesen bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Sat Sep 18 00:20:14 CDT 2004

Say, I got around to checking out some of those web page designs at
OSWD, and found it very interesting that Adam Patricka, whose Arete
design is the most popular one there right now, is 15 and has been
designing for 5 years.

That means, Adam, you started at age 10! I started about 6.5 years ago,
teaching myself from things I've found online, but I can see you're
way-way- ahead of me! Congratulations!

I notice you don't have a contact form yet, so maybe I'm ahead on that
point, but I bet I could learn things from you!

For instance, I give my Monday evenings to working as a volunteer
webmaster on the
http://WesternTractMission.org site.  I've been stuck all summer (well,
spring too), just trying to figure out how to get a shopping cart going.
Put in the longest time getting OsCommerce setup, then learning how to
set up MySql (which I gave up!) and am now struggling with a
PayPal shopping cart. Following their directions is easy enough, but I
ran across some pages
on adding javascript to hide the email address, and do some other
special things. It just won't work for me yet! Tho' I think I'm close now.

Any suggestions? :)

Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth
http://BouquetofEnterprises.biz