[CS-FSLUG] Churches Using GNU/Linux

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Mon Sep 13 06:57:58 CDT 2004

Name: Villa Morra Baptist Church
Size: congregation of 400, ~ 1200 counting mission churches.
Denomination: Paraguayan Evangelical Baptist Convention
Location: Asunción, Paraguay, South America
How used:
1  Server Red Hat 7.3 containing Squid and DansGuardian for web
filtering.
1  Desktop using Slackware Linux 10.0.
Note: this is nothing. We have a computer lab of over 100+ computers all
of them running win98SE. All of our offices run Win98 SE. I run Slack
as my desktop because I can get away with it.

Blessings,

Eduardo

On Monday 13 September 2004 03:47, Don Parris wrote:
> Does anyone know of any churches using GNU/Linux in any scenario?  I'm
> especially interested in desktop use, but any scenario will work.  I'm
> mainly looking for each church's:
> <>name
> <>size
> <>denomination/structure
> <>location (city, state, country)
> <>how used
>
> Thanks,
> Don
> --
> DC Parris GNU Evangelist
> http://matheteuo.org/
> gnumathetes at gmail.com
> Free software is like God's love -
> you can share it with anyone anywhere anytime!

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
 Ah Love! could you and I with Him conspire
 To grasp this sorry Scheme of Things entire,
   Would not we shatter it to bits--and then
 Re-mold it nearer to the Heart's Desire!

 -- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam