[CS-FSLUG] X.org X11R6.8 Release

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Sat Sep 11 14:33:34 CDT 2004

Eduardo Sanchez wrote:

> I will feel an expert Linux packager when I can learn how to compile and
> package:
>
> * Wine
> * OpenOffice.org
> * Mozilla
> * X11
> * GNOME
> * KDE

On FreeBSD I have built, and can easily package, the last four on your
list. I don't think there's a Wine for BSD, and compiling OO.o on my box
would take *days* -- it's easier to run the Linux version, since FreeBSD
runs most Linux binaries w/o a hitch. Indeed, the Linux version of OO.o
runs faster on FreeBSD than that native BSD version.

--
Ed Hurst