[CS-FSLUG] TD: CS-BibleStudy: Hosea 4

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Sat Sep 11 11:38:28 CDT 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 06:42, Timothy R.Butler wrote:
> Ice Breaker: If Hosea was alive today, how do you think he'd feel about
> our society? What would you do to heed any warning he might give?

I think he would feel our times someway different because at the time of his
prophecies Messiah was yet to come. He might give christians similar warnings
like apostles did (to turn away sins and keep faith in Jesus).
> Study Questions:
>
> 1.) What do you see as the most important part of this passage?
There is no difference between ordinary people and priests nor between men and
women - people love their sinful desires more than God.
> 2.) What do you suppose is meant by "I will not punish your
> daughters..."? Won't everyone be punished acco to to Hosea?
I think it means that it is no use to judge just adulterous womens because
their husbands do the same sins.

Blessings,
Jukka