[CS-FSLUG] Kfmclient doesn't start by clicking an icon?

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Thu Sep 9 09:42:31 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 18:55, Jukka Y wrote:
> I have problem with kfmclient: I am unable to launch it by clicking
> "home"-icons (from kicker or desktop). I am able to launch it using "Run
> command.."-option from K-menu. Usually desktop-/kicker-icons start
> functioning again after one launch from K-menu, but problem does come back
> after every boot.
>
> When i launch kfmclient through commandline (using same arguments as
> defined for desktop-/kicker-shortcuts), it gives this error message:
>
> jukkamy at linux:~> kfmclient openProfile filemanagement
> kfmclient: ERROR: Couldn't start konqueror from konqueror.desktop: KDEInit
> could not launch 'kioexec'
>
> Any idea what might be a problem?

Problem solved! It was caused by the changes I did in Konquerors configuration
some time ago. I checked back an option to "Preload an instance after KDE
startup" (-> Settings-> Configure Konqueror...-> Performance -> Preload an
instance after KDE startup) and it works allright now. Beware of checking
that away... ;D

Blessings,
Jukka