[CS-FSLUG] This is breaking my heart.

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Wed Sep 8 21:12:02 CDT 2004

> How do I express this best? Even though I am an American, I can only
> handle so much of secular politics. I find myself deleting almost 90%
> of my e-mail from CS-FSLUG because I know it is mostly on secular
> politics. I recently sent a posting in which I address, in part, the
> state of the modern christian church. I can not help but wonder what
> Martin Luther, Wycliff, Huss, and Augustine would think of the modern
> church. Indeed, even of greater concern, what would Our Lord God and
> Saviour think of the modern church? I firmly believe that the modern
> church is in desperate need of reformation, but I do not believe that
> certain sects of the church are seeking reformation that is in accord
> with scripture. I just do not know what to say.

There is way too much political discussion on here at the moment, I'll
agree with that.

I'd also agree that the modern church needs reformation. Anything in
particular you have in mind?

> Sola Scriptura!

Sola Gratia!

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)