[CS-FSLUG] PD: Robertson and Falwell final denounced by religious leaders

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 7 17:38:01 CDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:30:33PM -0700, Clawman wrote:
> Bush understands that we must kill the leaders and then prevent
> their governments, which need to be changed, from raising up a
> new institutionalized generation of terrorists. This is a war or
> philosophies, not people. Do you think if John Kerry made friends
> with the E.U. (read: the future kingdom of the antichrist) and
> attempted to placate the arab world, that the arabs would suddenly
> leave us alone?  Every moment we don't chase the insane terrorist
> leaders, cutting off their means to cause terror and thus solidify
> their political power and attain their political goals, they are
> preparing to attack. The terrorist leaders will never sue for peace
> until they are on their cowardly backs with a foot on their necks and
> a gun in their faces saying, "Greeting from president Bush."  One look
> at Israel and Palistine and you can see what happens when you don't
> nip it in the bud and attempt to placate. There is no appeasing the
> arabs on the Israel issue until Israel ceases to exist. Remember
> this, and you will truely understand the futility of diplomacy.

(Ahh, the joy of 72 character wrapped lines...)

Thank you Clawman for bringing up the point I was going to make: since
when has diplomacy EVER worked?  Reagan didn't win the Cold War because
of diplomacy he won the Cold War because he had the biggest gun.  There
is no such thing as friendship in international politics.  It really is
amazing to me that people still think that there will be peace on earth.

  6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not
  troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not
  yet.
  7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
  and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in
  divers (diverse) places.
  8 And these are the beginning of sorrows.

  Matthew 24:6-8 (read chapter 24 sometime)

I think as a group we need to be better about making our points but
backing them with scripture.  I try to do it whenever I can because
without a scriptural backing what do you have?  A smelly opinion.  :-P

>> Incidentally, I'm neither Democrat nor Republican.  I'm unaffiliated.
>> I refuse to be associated with the likes of either of these two
>> parties.

I am actually the same, I refuse to be known as a Republican because
they are not anything close to what I would want a politcal party to be.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7