[CS-FSLUG] PD: Robertson and Falwell final denounced by religious leaders

Clawman groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 01:30:33 CDT 2004

What a fascinating idea,

>We lost a great deal in terms
>of life and economics with the 9/11 attacks.  We lost face.  So
>retaliation makes sense on the surface.

Retaliation? Against whom? We went after the mastermind behind the attacks,
his training camps, his supporters and his infastructure.

>I'd like to think I'd have taken a rather different approach, even if
>that approach included going to war in Afghanistan and Iraq.  I
>believe we could have developed a more diplomatic approach that, in
>the end, would have also had more teeth.  We had an opportunity to
>demonstrate humility, but chose pride.  We had an opportunity to make
>allies, but instead aggravated the prevailing anti-American sentiments
>against us.

Humility in which way? By waiting for the next attack while the E.U. tries
to politely ask the terrorists to stop. It's been common knowledge that
most terrorists are funded by cowardly power mongers who recruit the
needly, the helpless and the desperate poor to commit acts whose only aim
is to gain the power monger more power. It is all about politics and power,
and those terrorist masterminds will sacrifice everyone (except themselves)
to accomplish their selfish goals. There never has been nor will there
ever be
a way to make them go away except by ridding the arab world the people
who promote the insane theology and then to rid the arab world of the
theology itself.

>At the same time, I would be much more interested in the Saudi
>government's ties to the terrorists than the Bush administration & FBI
>have been.  Allegedly, they blocked congress' investigation into those
>ties.  Whether there are some in their government who would like to
>undermine the royal family, or even they are involved is a question
>that deserves an answer.   And why wouldn't our leaders be interested
>in dispelling any connections there.

The Saudi's and Bush are connected? Oh my goodness. So is BP, Exxon and
every
other big oil entity in the world. And why not ties, when their
influence over oil
supply could make or break our economy and their country contains Mecca,
and their
philisophical influence can be of great help.

>Again, I see Bush failing in the area of diplomacy.  Reagan destroyed
>the Soviet Union through diplomacy.  It takes longer to accomplish the
>mission, but saves countless lives and has a far greater impact in the
>long run.  The key to problem solving is to first seek to understand
>the other person, then to be understood.

The Muslim Fundalmentalist and the Old Style Soviets both saught world
dominataion, but the Soviet people didn't share the ideology of it's
government nor were they willing to sacrifice themselves for it in a
religious way.

>I personally lived in a predominantly poor, black neighborhood for
>three years here in Charlotte.  (Note: Charlotte seeths with racial
>animosity, although on the surface, we appear quite friendly and
>genteel - it's just part of the Southern Facade.)  I survived because
>I didn't act like I showed humility and friendliness.  Because of
>those traits, I blew away - over time - the popular opinion that I was
>a "police spy".  When people saw me involved in their community, when
>they saw me walking up, handing out fruit baskets with the homeowners
>association, when they saw me get involved in their local church, they
>came to see me in a different light.

And amongst people who don't hate you simply because you exist, that
kind of
thing is possible.

>No one will ever be able to tell me that there is not a better way to
>destroy our enemies.  Even Sun Tzu suggests that you keep your enemy
>as your closest friend.  There's a reason for that, you know.

Hense the Saudi connection.

>Paul
>said that showing kindness is like heaping hot coals over your enemy's
>head.  He would not have passed that onto us if he didn't experience
>that first hand.  I have lived it myself.  Ghandi lived it.  King
>Lived it.

Indeed, when the red cross did go to Iraq or Afghanistan, they were blown
up or chased out. The same people blow up children, women and whomever
it takes to get to their goal. Ghandi and King had a philosophy of
peace, but
the Islamic leader do not.

>Bush is a diplomatic failure - at best.  Yet, Christian media seem to
>take sides, promoting him as "righteous" compared to the alternatives.
>All he has to do is keep opposing gay marriage, and he'll be
>"America's man" for the oval office in the sight of the Christian
>media.  I wonder what the Christian media would do if he backed down
>on that?

Bush understands that we must kill the leaders and then prevent their
governments,
which need to be changed, from raising up a new institutionalized
generation of
terrorists. This is a war or philosophies, not people. Do you think if
John Kerry
made friends with the E.U. (read: the future kingdom of the antichrist)
and attempted
to placate the arab world, that the arabs would suddenly leave us alone?
Every
moment we don't chase the insane terrorist leaders, cutting off their
means to
cause terror and thus solidify their political power and attain their
political goals,
they are preparing to attack. The terrorist leaders will never sue for
peace until
they are on their cowardly backs with a foot on their necks and a gun in
their
faces saying, "Greeting from president Bush."
One look at Israel and Palistine and you can see what happens when you don't
nip it in the bud and attempt to placate. There is no appeasing the
arabs on the
Israel issue until Israel ceases to exist. Remember this, and you will
truely
understand the futility of diplomacy.

>Incidentally, I'm neither Democrat nor Republican.  I'm unaffiliated.
>I refuse to be associated with the likes of either of these two
>parties.

Indeed, Zell Miller and Gov. Arnold proves that party voting doesn't
always work.