[CS-FSLUG] weird network problems

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Thu Sep 2 08:41:00 CDT 2004

A 2.4ghz phone is usually responsible for the problem if it is just your
wireless that drops.  If both things drop then it is something else.  (A 2.4ghz
phone always says 2.4 on it somewhere in big letters.  Older phones were all
900mhz.)

Do you have DSL or a cablemodem?  If DSL, is your router doing the PPoE?  (Do
you have a username and password in the router?)

What model of linksys router?  That way I can download the PDF for it and see
if there is anything special with it...  :)

Do you have an internal web-page to your linksys router?  (Usually you do, many
people do not know about it.)  On the webpage there is usually an option to
enable "logging".  This if you enable logging it will usually tell you what
caused the connection to drop, or at least what did not cause it to drop...

	- Tim