[CS-FSLUG] TD: CS-BibleStudy: Hosea Chapter 1

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Wed Sep 1 22:49:36 CDT 2004

Brian Derr wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 02:40:31PM -0500, Ed Hurst wrote:
>
>>Naturally, I haven't spent a lot of time on some of this, because the
>>question doesn't arise if you reject Dispensationalism to begin with.
>>I'm not the best authority on the apologetics of defeating that view.
>
> I know I am coming into this discussions weeks late (I'm weeks behind in
> my reading of the list), but I have a quick question for you Ed.  If I
> am understanding your above quoted sentence you are saying that you do
> _not_ believe in Dispensationalism?  If that is the case what is your
> reaction to it?

I do not accept Dispensationalism.

The typical term which applies to me is "Reformist" -- one who holds to
a different eschatology more closely associated with the Reformation. I
suppose a primary difference is that I regard Revelation not as
primarily a prophecy of The End Times, but more a revelation of how God
acts when certain situations arise. There are many anti-Christs, there
are many Beasts, etc. Each is a type, manifested repeatedly throughout
history. There is no literal Millenium, etc.

I can't quote statistics, but I am guessing that there are at least as
many evangelicals rejecting Dispensationalism as promoting it. I can
provide support for my position when asked, but I won't bother to
promote it. As you see, I merely mentioned it in passing.

--
Ed Hurst